Thursday 14 August 2014

A short trip to Berlin


A few months back I was in Berlin on a short business trip. Although my stay didn’t last long, it was a trip to remember. The capital of Germany welcomed me with sunshine and mild weather, a positive omen from the very first moment I spent there!
Due to my limited time I couldn’t go sightseeing and since my flight was late at night, I had booked in advance a hotel close to the airport (almost on the road across), fairly new and with affordable prices. The room was clean and comfortable and I truly enjoyed the time I spent there.

Next to the hotel is the local train station making it easy to move back and forth to Berlin. I am not accustomed to travel by train so I tried it, eager to find out how comfortable it can be. For three days I would leave the hotel at a specific hour, take the train for a 40 minutes ride to Berlin and carry out my business appointments. As soon as I was free of my business obligations, I would take advantage of the opportunity to walk around the city discovering new places! In the evening, I would return to my hotel once again by train.
The three days passed by quite fast but for me it was a different trip, out of the ordinary, maybe because I chose for the very first time not to stay downtown and move back and forth by train! An experience I truly enjoyed! As for Berlin, it left me with the best of impressions! A large city with wide roads, impressive buildings, crowded streets, evolved tourism, lots of traffic but all so well organized to help out the large number of daily visitors.

You can’t get acquainted to Berlin in just three days, that’s for certain! You just get a small taste of a huge and most interesting city! Besides the endless monuments and impressive buildings there are also great malls to steal your attention and do all kinds of shopping. I wish I had more time to get to know Berlin better as I left it with a strong feeling that I need to come back soon!