Wednesday 18 May 2016

A seven days trip to lovely Crete! PART FOUR


A day on  my own in HERAKLION
I woke up relaxed and in a good mood , had a hearty breakfast and headed towards the city of Heraklion. I  had planned  to visit the archaeological museum of the city ! It is a great museum with very interesting exhibits worthwhile a visit!
The exhibits cover a period of 5500 years, from the Neolithic Age to Roman times. The collection of Minoan finds is impressive as well as the collection of Minoan Frescoes! Some of my photos and videos offer you a small taste!
  



Spending almost the whole morning in the Museum, I finished my visit to Heraklion at the Crop, a special coffee place, with its own coffee grinder.Upon your visit you will be introduced to the beautiful world of coffee! The place also serves  food! 
  

ordered  my favorite Greek frappe accompanied by  tasty chocolate pancakes!

Pretty soon It was time to leave  for the airport, to head back to Thessaloniki, once again with Ellinair

A full week’s time   in Crete had just flown away but I am already looking forward to going back to the island!

Read the PART ONE here
Read the PART TWO here
Read the PART THREE here