Wednesday 18 May 2016

A seven days trip to lovely Crete! PART THREE


The next day found us in Heraklion! Our accommodation for two days was a kind offer by the hotel Arina Sand Resort, in Kokkini Hani, six kilometers outside the city of Heraklion!
  

We checked in and left immediately for Knossos, the most important city of Crete in ancient times! The Minoan Palace is the major site to visit there. The site is large, the monuments well-preserved  and impressive and the tour lasts about an hour and twenty minutes! According to the tradition Knossos was King Minos capital! Some photos and videos give you an idea why you should not miss a visit to Knossos.

  


Later in the same day, I enjoyed a short stroll in the city of Heraklion drinking my coffee at the old city! I walked the narrow streets and I took some pictures to share with you!
  

The next morning, we visited the GAVALAS winery at the village Voria Monofatsiou. The  owner, Nikos,  guided us himself in the areas of  the winery explaining to us all the wine production process.  The tour ended with  wine tasting and snacks  prepared by the wife and the mother of the owner especially for us!
  

We returned to the hotel where we spent some time by the refreshing  pool! Our late evening dinner was offered by the Heraklion Horse riding club. It is an excellent venue with a unique reception area ! Even if you are not into horses, the estate still will amaze you !

Returning to the hotel I had a restful and rejuvenating sleep! The next day was the one of my return  to Thessaloniki, yet  I had one more thing to see in Heraklion! I said goodbye to the rest of the group leaving the next morning to Ierapetra, and I went to my room! A big thanks to Travel Massive Crete for the unforgettable experience !

Read the PART ONE here
Read the PART TWO here