Thursday 14 August 2014

Barcelona: Catalonia’s heart beats here ...


Barcelona is a beautiful city with colorful personality, something that the visitor realizes from the very first moment. It is a lively and cosmopolitan city with rich history, always full of tourists! Barcelona is a very popular destination for lovers of architecture as the buildings of the city are unique.
I visited Barcelona only for 4 days in December 2010 but the time was more than plenty for the city to amaze me. Unfortunately, I had the opportunity to explore just the city center. I made the tour of the city via the famous red shuttle buses enjoying the sites all around. What I particularly liked was the changes of the scenery.

A large and quite busy modern avenue was leading to a district with gothic buildings. Many of the buildings are representatives of modernism in the 19th century. Imagine all these different images into a single city, and you will understand why Barcelona has so many visitors each year. For anyone who loves architecture, an interesting approach to the city is through the buildings of the Catalan architect Gaudi, who left his mark on the city with the buildings he constructed as well as the Guell park.
The food options offered in Barcelona are good in general so I did not miss the chance to taste the delicacies sold on the way and I must admit they were quite delicious.

One of my visiting days was spent at the big Aquarium since my love for water creatures could not allow me to miss that special attraction. For an aquarium lover this is the supreme choice!
Barcelona's Aquarium is well organized and - although it is not one of the biggest one encounters- it takes about an hour to walk it along. Visitors have the opportunity to see many species of fish and water creatures . The most impressive section of all is definitely the sharks tank but in all other tanks the visitor may equally enjoy up close the fish species of the Mediterranean Sea.